Tuesday, March 20, 2007

My Friend Janaki..

'you know everytime i watch a horror movie i remember 2 things abt u - one is the bruises u gave me in ring, and second is the burger flying incident in scream!!! hahahahahahahah'

Janaki might be one the people who always, ALWAYS manages to bring out stories from my past that I have forgotten. I was telling my chicks that I saw Omen and welll..honestly, this time, I was sane.


I did not sit with my eyes covered (not for the entire movie).
I did not grab Harin's hand and bruised it (I simply squeezed it in love..For the love of golden showers and fire hydrants)...


But RINGU was bad. And Janaki was sitting next to me. And Yes, I might have held her hand in love as well. But shes a peach. She bruises too easily.

This burger flying, I refuse to acknowledge as part of my life cos it would mean 2 things. 1) I sneak meals into theaters 2) I had no control over my Tourette Syndrome...and my shrink has told me it is I who controls me and not the syndrome... So I wont be digging up my past and re-living those painful days.

The other time, we were talking about exams. And out of nowhere, Janaki reminds me of how I slept through one of my A Levels papers. Me?? When? And then Janaki reminds me of my durrty past...


Now here is the thing, they had all called and SMSed me the night before and early that morning..saying good luck and shit like that...(like their luck is going to help....my friends and their egos!)...and of cos me, when I do not wish to be disturbed, (i.e. when I am sleeping) I turn my phone to silent (as Harin can attest to).

I wake up as usual..and its 12.30pm and Janaki calls me and asks me..."How was the paper?"

And I am thinking to myself..."Why is this retard bothering me early in the morning?"

Megha (Still groggy and annoyed at the phonecall early morning): Huh, what paper?

Retard: Your Maths Paper 1.

Megha: Huh? Its in the afternoon...at 2

Retard: WHAT!!? DID YOU JUST GET UP?? ARTI... IT WAS THIS MORNING!!

Megha: NO!!! Shut up!!!

Retard: YES!! I have the timetable!

Megha: OH SHIT! (By this time, I am wide awake..) WHY DID YOU NOT CALL TO REMIND ME....(You have to understand something abt Jan and my relationship....no matter whose fault it is...the blame ALWAYS goes to Jan. ALWAYS!)

Retard: I left you an SMS last nite and this morning wishing you good luck!

Megha: (Realizing I cannot quite blame her completely anymore...I do what I do second best...I name call.) I thought you were just being a pain and a retard and wishing me good luck...for the heck of it.....as in good luck sleeping.."hope you don't die in your sleep" kinda good luck.....cos you had nothing better to do anyways with your life... Why can't you be more explicit but your good lucks??

Retard: YES!! THANK YOU VERY MUCH! (That's the usual Jan reply to stupidity. She always identifies with it....she knows its meant for her..and she is always grateful for it...gives her a sense of belonging)

So the point is...Janaki has too much dirt on me. I need to plan her murder.

And she refuses to call me Megha...(like the rest of the world..)

Yes, Megha definitely has to kill Janaki.

No comments: