Sunday, May 20, 2007

The last time Tina and I met,

This is a story I have to share cos I think its hilarious.

When I decided that I was going to move to the west coast, I knew that I was leaving all the friends I have made since my time in US behind. I knew that I was going to be completely alone on the west coast...and I found that very exciting. But after I moved to SF, I was bugging all my friends on the East Coast to visit me, cos SF is a beautiful place..and I needed friends and was lonely.

Since the last time Tina and I met was a while back, she decided to take a break and come to SF. It was friday nite when she flew in from Philly.

I was super excited. I had the entire weekend planned out. Pick her up at the airport, get some food, go dancing and then on Saturday morning at 6am, we were going sky diving. I had booked everything.

Then a picnic is Sausalito and a drive to Napa and Sonoma Valley. Life was perfect. Everything on Saturday made sense

For those of you who do not know Tina.... Tina + Arti + Alcohol => Outrageous stories.

It is with Tina that I saw my first cat fight at a club. (Tina was involved. I was standing and watching.)

It was with Tina (amongst others) that I peeped in my pants cos I was laughing too hard.

It was Tina who I kissed in public cos we did not pick up any guys to kiss.

It was with Tina that we peed in public, behind a dumpster. She stood guard while I peed and and I stood staring at her and telling her how never in my life did I think I would be seeing her pee Indian style in some back alley in Boston at 230am on a Friday nite. She peed and kept shouting at me to look away. But I could not. It was so funny, it made me want to pee again.

It was with Tina that we got so wasted that in a night club in Philly that she threw everything on our table down, pinned me down and started making out with me, in public.



Yes, things have only gotten crazy with this gal. But I was super excited abt sky diving and I wanted no drunkard nonsense that weekend. We had planned to be really serious and not get trashed.


We went for dinner at a place near my place. And after dinner we were walking home, and we saw a cute boy in the wine store next to the restaurant..so we thought, why not get wine? The guy is cute. So we got a bottle of wine.




At home, while getting dressed, she suggests that we take wine shots so we wont have to buy drinks at the club....(She is a Gupta. And Gupta means Cheap)

I am stupid so I go along with her plan..(I also remember thinking I needed new friends who were not so cheap.




So we took wine shots, finished the bottle. Sohin came to pick us up at 11. We were..well I was wasted.....she denied it cos she thinks she's the shit.

When we got to Bambuddha, my roommate was there and she had gone wine tasting earlier.. so she had more than a few drinks in her already and she told me I have to catch up...

It became a matter of ego. How can someone else drink more than an Indian??!?! This is disgraceful!!

Now, I had to drink for my color, for my South Asian brothers and sisters. So I drank and I drank...as did Tina.

I do not remember much of that night. I know we were trying to chat the bouncer up. Or something.

The next time I opened my eyes, I was staring at the ceiling of my bedroom. The wheels start to turn.

"How did I get here?"

"What day is it?"

"Is this my home?"

"Yes, this is my home. It is my bed (Phew!!). "

"How did I get here?"

I move and toss slightly, and I see that I am naked. Butt Naked.

Now I am even more confused.

I turn to my side and I hear Tina snoring away to glory...What the? Where are my clothes? I had nothing. NOTHING ON.

I kicked her awake and I asked her...

"Tina...Why am I naked?"

She keeps snoring. I kick her harder...

"Why am I naked, bitch?"

She moans... tries to wake up...opens her eyes, looks at me.. and says...

"Hmmm...What...what....Oo....Oo....I gave you a shower last nite..."

I was stunned.

I wait for her to burst out laughing.

She closes her eyes and goes back to sleep.

I was trying to figure out if she was joking or she was serious.

But apparently she was serious.

I shake her awake and ask her...

"Why DID YOU GIVE ME A SHOWER???"

Snoreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee....

So I decide to wait. I tried to move and I felt sick. There I was, naked next to my friend who slept with her mouth open, snoring away, as I lay there with my eyes open in horror.

We got up. And my roommate's awake and she smiles at me.

"How are you feeling?"

"Like shit?"

Anywyas, I have to get work done.. so i will stop here. but the story is..

We both got completely wasted, I puked (in the car of a bouncer who was kind enough to drop us home...) and because I am such a clean person... I HAD to take a shower.....and they let me into the bathroom, thinking I could manage...

They heard the water go on for a while and after 10 mins, there did not hear anything from the bathroom...

She came in, and saw me completely naked in the bathtub with my limbs spread all over the bathtub, sleeping.

So she tried to clean me up but she was just as drunk.. and then we gave up and just passed out on my bed.

We spent the next day hugging the toilet for like 5 hours....It was Diwali.

Very indian and cultured of us.

No comments: