Sunday, April 15, 2007

To my loves.... :)

There are many times when I am walking down the street and something stops me in my tracks and reminds me how much I love you.

The memories we have created and are creating gives me something to smile about every single day.

Your smiles warm my heart. The wrinkle in your eyes when you laugh, the warmth of your body when we hug and the sound of your voice when I am sad, these are things I think about often during the day and I can't help but break out into a smile.

I have said this so many times before, but it is never enough. I love you very much.

I love that no matter how tired you are, if you hear that I have been crying, you take the time to talk to me.

No matter how crazy things get, even now, all I have to do is reach out to you and there you are, giving me strength to fight my battles, reminding me of my strengths, making me forget my weaknesses.

That no matter how wrong you think I am, and I disagree with your point of view, you never let the difference in opinion come between our love, you never let my hand go.

I love that no matter what I say, how I say it, you know and understand what I am not saying.

No matter how many battles I have to fight, with others and within myself, everytime I have turned to you, you have been there for me.

I had thought that by the time I was as old as I am, I would have figured life out by then. I would have found my balance and will cruise thru life, hardly falling down for simple reasons. But I love that despite sometimes having to fall for basic reasons, e.g unable to deal with an emotion, despite having to struggle to find my balance, I have you with me, laughing with me, at my naivety.

In the time that we have known each other, we have, like in any healthy relationship, had so many fights.

Fights that have left us hurt and weak. Fights that have tested our characters, fortitude, friendships. And I thank you everyday for never letting go.

As I grow older, I realise how easily people are willing to let go of others. How a small difference in opinion or a simple misunderstanding makes people give up on trying to reach for others....And it is understandable why. The older we get, the more we think we know and the more we think we can predict people's behaviours and to prevent further hurt, we close up. 'I don't need that in my life, I can live without this';- It is so often that I hear others say this.

I have been guilty of it too.

I have let several chances of maybe true friendships, of maybe true loves go because something put me off. And there have been times I have regretted it...and as I realise this, it is something I am going to try to change...

But I do not have the same patience I had when I met you, when I was younger, when things were simpler, when time seemed forever, when the world's experiences had not harded my heart. Maybe growing up does that to you. And so, it has been difficult to find someone like you in my life.

It sends a shiver down my spine to think what my life would have been like if I had not made an effort with you.

There were so many instances for us to walk away from each other, to never turn back and I cannot thank you enough for not turning your back at me, and for not letting me turn my back to you.

Those fights have made me realise my vulnerable spots, my weak points that I did not even know existed...and every misunderstanding with you, every fight with you has made me a better person as I have learnt how to deal with different people, be more humble about myself and accept my flaws with grace.

As I go thru the different life experiences with you, I cannot get stop thinking about what life would be like without you.

You have taught me so much about myself, about relationships, about life and the thought of never having you in my life breaks my heart.

I once told you that I will always stand by you, no matter what, no matter where and no matter when.

Today, after years, I renew my promises to you. I love you and I never want to think of a day without you in my life.

Gals, you will always be my soul mates. I love each of you very much.

No comments: